2010: Take One.
I am officially a full day into my 30s, and, while I cannot prove it, I think I would feel the exact same as I did as a 29 year-old, except for the fact that I have a baby brewing in the belly. I mean, good grief, I am tired. It makes you FEEL old being so tired after having..what, ONE night of fun past 10pm? So, instead of blaming the innocent, I will blame the 30s.
Last night was my birthday (if you haven't guessed already). My friends did an excellent job planning and prepping a very memorable 30th birthday and end-of-the-deccade celebration. My surprise, progressive dinner was movie-themed and contained 3 stops. First up - The Millers. Appetizers under the sea as we set out to find Nemo. He ended up in the cheese dip, I think. Next up - Steph's house. This was the main course of lasagna, salad and bread. You had to get through with your food, however, before the Terminator could kill you. Nah. Not really. But, it was totally T-2 themed! Black leather, motorcycle helmets, big sunglasses, and the movie playing on the big screen. We ate, talked, and watched until that last (cheesy) moment when Ah-nold took a plunge into the melting abyss and gave his final "thumbs up" goodbye.
Finally, we loaded up and headed to Dave and Wendy's pad for dessert - brought to you by "13 going on 30". How appropriate! The "set" even included a 7 minutes in heaven closet and razzles. I think the closet left unscathed, but the candy took a major hit. We watched the bulk of the movie, ate fabulous desserts, and then it was time for my birthday song and some sparkling drinks to ring in the new year. I took that last moment of my official birthday to annouce the arrival of Baby O. With cheers all-around, we all watched the ball drop and passed out hugs and kisses (where appropriate, of course).
2010 is gonna be great. I mean, with a start like that, how can it not be truly memorable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congratulations, Kelly and Rich! I am excited for y'all. Kelly, so glad your birthday was good. I was bummed that I could not be there. AND so glad to see that you have joined the blogosphere! Happy New Year and blessings from Lousville!
ReplyDeleteYay! Welcome to blogging. :)
ReplyDeleteI shall now secretly follow your blog as well... Congrats, and I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday!
ReplyDelete