Christmas has been here and gone, and New Year's Day is just around the corner. I am officially 10 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Not everyone knows just yet, but Rich and I had a blast telling our families at Christmas. Reactions ranged from surprise and joy to shock, for some. It was such a relief to finally let our loved ones in on the secret - even though we've only known since early November, a few simple weeks turn into a year-long wait when you are keeping something this "BIG" hush-hush.
We went to the doctor for the first time on December 11. Turns out I was about 2 weeks behind where originally thought - 7 weeks, instead of 9. That took a bit of adjusting, since I have/had been so sick - it was simply proof that I would be sick for about 2 weeks longer than I had planned on. But, on the upside, we still got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat. That was so cool, and really drove home the fact that there truly is a baby growing in there! It's so surreal. If the sickness didn't prove it, the heartbeat sure did :)
We are really excited about the new addition, and cannot wait until everyone knows. It is getting harder to hide my tummy, although it isn't too big just yet...when the clothes start to fit differently, it's a whole new ballgame.
Anyways...here's hoping that 2010 is full of memories in the making. Happy Birthday, Mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment