Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Second Trimester

The Second Trimester - the "happy" pregnancy timeframe.  You know, that "magical" 3-month span where you suddenly regain energy, actually don't feel like throwing up all day long, and can productively check things off the baby-to-be-checklist?  C'mon moms - isn't that the way of it?  Huh?!

Yeah, right. 
I have yet to see it.

Besides, this whole "countdown" thing is kinda confusing. Is 12 weeks your second trimester because you believe that 4 weeks make a month, and, thus, 12 weeks must make 3?  Meaning, it IS time for the second trimester to start. Right?! Right? ...........right?

Regardless...this "magical" second trimester, here or not, is not-so-magical.  At least, not yet. In fact, this week has been my sickest (literal) week of the entire pregnancy.  I've FELT worse, but...well, you get the drift.  Wednesday I had to go home from work because I couldn't keep it together.  Yeah, it was THAT bad.

Today, thankfully, has been better. I nipped it in the bud this morning around 5am with the only "magic" proven to show up and work around here - a lovely anti-nausea prescription. 

I know, I know...everyone is different. Each pregnancy is unique.  I get it.  Let's just say...I'm ready for the aforementioned happiness.

..............as if you couldn't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment